Student Registration

Register Your Child for School

Contact:  Katy Vacca or Aimee Demarest

Phone Number:  518-881-3771

Hours:  8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Appointment required.  Please call. 

Central Registration is located at 108 Education Dr. (rear of Mont Pleasant Middle School)

Kindergarten Registration begins April 1, 2021 @ Central Registration.  

Students who are enrolled in a Schenectady Universal Pre-K program will automatically be registered for Kindergarten.
Housing Questionnaire  Kindergarten Registration Packet

To register your child for school grades K-12, you must visit the Student Registration Office located at 108 Education Dr.  Appointment is required.  
Find Us

REMINDER!  Immunization and Health Examination requirements
New York State Public Health Law mandates all students enrolled in PreK-12th grade, regardless of their learning virtually or in-person, to provide documentation that they have received all of their required vaccines. Students must be excluded from school if this documentation is not in place.  
New York State Law also requires a Health Examination for new entrants and students in grades Pre-K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, & 11.
Completed Immunization and Health Exam forms may be mailed or faxed to the attention of the School Nurse at your student’s school.  

If you do not have a medical provider, you may contact Ellis Family Health Center (518) 382-2260 or Hometown Health Center (518)370-1441.

When you come in, please bring:

  •  Your (Parent) Photo I.D.
  •  Child's Birth Certificate
  •  Student's Immunization Record
  •  Copy of Current Physical

Documentos que deberá presentar:

•Prueba de edad del estudiante (certificado de nacimiento o pasaporte)
•Registro de inmunización
•Copia del examen físico actual (con fecha menor o igual a un año)
•Prueba de residencia (con fecha menor o igual a los 30 días)

Prueba de identidad para el padre (identificación válida con foto

Children and youth in temporary housing can enroll in school without the documents normally needed to enroll.

Registration forms are available in the document container below.

A Guide to Understanding The New Rules for School Registration
English, Spanish, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, French, Haitian-Creole, Karen, Nepali, Russian, and Urdu

 Students who are homeless
or live in temporary housing

Students Who are Homeless or Live in Temporary Housing Have Protections and Additional Rights to Immediate Enrollment. 

Children and youth in temporary housing can enroll in school without the documents normally needed to enroll.   Children and youth are temporarily housed or homeless if they lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence which includes for example - living in a shelter or sharing the home of a relative or friend because they lost their home or were evicted.

Your liaison is responsible for ensuring that you receive the education and services that you are guaranteed by law.
McKinney-Vento Liaison: Alicia Backus
Phone:  518-410-0290

Housing Questionnaire
  Housing Questionnaire  (word)

  Housing Questionnaire (pdf)

Brochure:  Is your housing uncertain?

      English Brochure [PDF]

    Spanish Brochure

Tips for Parents and Guardian

Quick Tips for Parents and Guardians

Quick Tips for Parents and Guardians (Spanish) [PDF]


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.