How many books do you think your gumdrop dome can support?
1. Use 5 gumdrops to connect 5 toothpicks in a ring. This is your base.
2. Use 2 toothpicks and 1 gumdrop to make a triangle on one side of the base. In the diagram below, each new step is highlighted in yellow.
3. Repeat this all around the base until you have 5 triangles.
4. Use toothpicks to connect gumdrops at the tops of triangles.
5. Push 1 toothpick into each of the top gumdrops.
6. Use 1 last gumdrop to connect these toothpicks at the top.
7. Let the dome dry overnight.